Ten things about me:
1. My family background is in Denmark.
2. My mother taught me to knit when I was 5 years old.
3. My very first project was a doll’s scarf.
4. My background gives me a strong connection with everything Nordic.
5. My designs are created with a real person in mind.
6. I like the authentic feel of these Faroese yarns.
7. I want my designs to be practical.
8. I like to experiment.
9. I would sooner unpick than leave a mistake.
10. I often see patterns in everyday objects.
Ten things I love about knitting:
1. It’s personal.
2. It’s leisurely, unhurried.
3. I can make whatever I want (within reason).
4. I can choose the colours I like, not just those that are in fashion.
5. There are always new techniques to learn.
6. Using wonderful yarn can transform a simple garment into something special.
7. The feeling of having created something from my imagination.
8. Keeping traditional crafts alive.
9. It’s great for relaxation.
10. It keeps my hands warm.